If you're going to make a list of the best burgers on Long Island, there are certain establishments that need to show up on the list. It's not like they've been retired from competition. But I was reading this list by JOAN REMINICK from Newsday, and a few people have asked the question: "Where's my favorite?" Well, my research stopped with the following text. You are welcome to comment and add to this list.
What wasn't mentioned in the list is the birthplace of the Hamburger: Louis' Lunch 263 Crown St New Haven, CT. and despite having a rule against using Ketchup, I still want to go there and try a Burger in it's original form.
So here's the (Bogus) list as it appeared:
10. Shake Shack, Multiple locations: At this updated take on a classic Midwestern roadside burger stand, the juicy Smoke Shack burger is topped with cheese, Niman Ranch bacon, chopped cherry peppers and Shack Sauce and a mildly spicy pinkish mayo-based sauce, all served on a Martin's potato bun that's buttered and toasted.
9. BBD's, Rocky Point: Although owner Ralph Perrazzo's 12-ounce wood and charcoal-grilled burgers have won many awards, we find more satisfaction in the smaller, griddle-cooked quarter-pound burgers topped with lettuce, tomato, pickles, griddled onions and the house mayonnaise-based pink sauce. Served with fries or a salad.
8. Brixx & Barley, Long Beach: The beefy, juicy, expertly grilled burgers are a big attraction here. The Brixx burger is a real firecracker, featuring fried onion wisps, jalapeno and Cheddar. It's plated with very good hand-cut fries. More extravagant is the grilled cheese cheeseburger, a grilled patty with bacon, tomato and grilled onions tucked between two thin grilled cheese sandwiches. Served with fries or tater tots and slaw.
7. New York Burger Bar, Massapequa: At this burger-centric spot, the simple Cheddar burger comes off the grill crusty, juicy and done precisely to order. A modern classic, the "Juicy Lucy" comes stuffed with American cheese, topped with grilled red onion, tomato, pickle and a pink mayonnaise-based sauce. Served with fries or slaw.
6. Bobby's Burger Palace, Garden City: At Iron Chef Bobby Flay's burger chain, a standout is the L.A. burger, topped with avocado relish, Cheddar, watercress and tomato. The meat is seared on both sides on a flat-top grill, then steamed. The result is plump and juicy, done to request. Flay's fine hand-cut fries cost extra. (Other location in Lake Grove).
5. Old Fields, Port Jefferson: The burger served at these gastropubs ooze beefy mineral-rich juices. For an all-out debauch, try the "Davey Gravey," that same burger sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Comes with choice of fries or another side. (Other location in Greenlawn).
4. Relish, Kings Park: The delectable cheeseburger at Relish is made with freshly ground chuck, seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper, and served on a buttered and grill-toasted potato bun. Served with fries and another side.
3. Still Partners, Sea Cliff: This busy bar with a vibrant music scene offers the well-seasoned Cooney burger, commanding attention with its depth of mineral-rich flavor. Comes on a toasted English muffin with fries on the side.
2. PeraBell Food Bar, Riverhead: Not to be missed is PeraBell's exceptional "chophouse" burger -- thick, smoky, crusty, beefy and juicy. It's served on a bun that's just the right size, making for easy eating. Served with pickle and coleslaw. (Other location in Patchogue).
1. Ceriello 541 Club, Williston Park: Done precisely to order, the plump 6-ounce burgers here are made with all prime beef, a blend of brisket, sirloin, short ribs and chuck. Once on the griddle, they're salted and covered with a lid; the steam speeds the cooking process, but it comes off to let the burgers develop a nice crusty char. The finished burger is served on a perfectly proportioned Martin's potato roll.
Then, I found this list:
1. The Burger Spot 150 7th St Garden City .....Burgers
2. Vauxhall 26 Clinton Ave Huntington.....Burgers, Cocktail Bars, Breakfast & Brunch
3. Black Label Burgers 683 Old Country Rd Westbury.....Burgers, Bars
4. Dirty Burger 12 Manetto Hill Rd Plainview.....Burgers, American (Traditional), Gluten-Free
5. The Capital Grille 630 Old Country Rd Garden City.....Steakhouses, Seafood, Wine Bars
6. Burger City 1900A Hempstead Tpke East Meadow.....Burgers Always Fresh, never frozen!
7. The Rex Burger & Lobster 524 Jericho Turnpike Mineola.....Burgers & Lobster Rolls
8. Go Burger 271 Rt 25A Mount Sinai.....Burgers, Cheesesteaks
9. Local Burger Co. 62 E Main St Bay Shore.....Specialty Burgers
10. Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar (Walt Whitman Mall) 160 Walt Whitman Rd. Huntington Station, NY.....American (New), Wine Bars, Juice Bars & Smoothies
And here are the Local results for suffolk county best burger. (In alphabetical order) Everyone's a winner, because, You need to work at it to have a BAD BURGER!!!
1. All American Hamburger Drive-In 4286 Merrick Rd Massapequa
2. American Roadside 80 E Main St Smithtown
3. Backstreet Burgers 100 Nicolls Rd Stony Brook
4. Bay Burger 1742 Bhampton Sag Harbor Tpke, Sag Harbor
5. BBD's Beers, Burgers, Desserts 49 Route 25a, Rocky Point
6. Better Burger Long Island 473 Country Rd 111 Manorville
7. Bobby's Burger Palace Smithhaven Mall Lake Grove
8. Boom Burger 85 Montauk Hwy, Westhampton Beach
9. Buckleys Inn Between 139 W Montauk Hwy Hampton Bays
10. Bun & Burger 222 Mill Rd Westhampton Beach
11. Burger Shack 411 W Main St Patchogue
12. The Burger Shack 3672 Rt 112 Coram
13. Burgrito's 445 Central Ave Bethpage - They add sauce to the burger /burrito and they put fries in the burrito
14. Case’s Place 650 1st St New Suffolk
15. Changing Times American Sports Bar & Grille 29 E Main St Bay Shore
16. Cliff's Rendezvous Restaurant 313 E Main St Riverhead
17. The Cook Room 25 Middle Country Rd Middle Island
18. The Corner Cafe 204 Smithtown Blvd Nesconset
19. Dirty Burger 12 Manetto Hill Rd Plainview
20. Five Guys
21. Founders Tavern 55500 Rte 25 Southold
22. GM Burger Bar 4902 Merrick Rd Massapequa Park
23. Go Burger 271 Rt 25A Mount Sinai & 1848-1876 Middle Country Rd Ridge
24. The Good Steer 2810 Middle Country Rd Lake Grove
25. Gourmet Burger Bistro 5 Mill Creek Rd Port Jefferson
26. Indian Wells Tavern 177 Main St Amagansett
27. Inferno the Restaurant 245 Echo Ave Sound Beach
28. Joe's Sirloin Burger Grill 1400 Lakeland Ave Bohemia
29. Johnny's Burgers 2332 Middle Country Rd Centereach
30. Johnny Rockets
31. John's Drive-In 677 Montuk Hwy Montauk
32. JT's Cafe 4 Montauk Hwy Blue Point
33. Karvers Grille 480 Patchogue-Holbrook Rd Holbrook
34. KB Deli 730 A Grand Blvd Deer Park
35. Local Burger Company 62 E Main St, Bay Shore
36. LT Burger 62 Main St, Sag Harbor
37. MaBella 169 Commack Rd Commack
38. The Mill Roadhouse 142 Mill Rd Westhampton Beach
39. New York Burger Bar 4225 Merrick Rd Massapequa
40. Madiran The Wine Bar 209 Rt 25A East Setauket
41. Old Fields - Greenlawn 81 Broadway Greenlawn
42. Old Fields Restaurant 318 Wynn Ln Port Jefferson
43. Olga’s Deli 690 Montauk Hwy East Quogue
44. O'Mally's 44780 Middle Rd Southold
45. Out of the Park Burgers 101 S Research Pl Central Islip
46. The Patio Restaurant 54 Main St Westhampton Beach
47. Pulaski Street Grille 424 Pulaski St Riverhead
48. Red Rooster Bistro 4805 Depot Ln Cutchogue
49. Shake Shack 849 Walt Whitman Rd Melville
51. Smokaburger's 380 Larkfield Rd East Northport
52. Sorto's Top Bun Burgers & Fries 136 S Wellwood Ave Lindenhurst
53. South Ocean Grill 567 S Ocean Ave Patchogue
54. S.T.A.G.S Tap House 308 Main St Huntington
55. Supreme Philly Cheesesteaks 20 Railroad Ave Babylon
56. Tara Inn 1519 Main St Port Jefferson
57. Triangle Pub 381 Old Montauk Hwy Eastport
58. Wayback Burgers 1964 Jericho Turnpike East Northport
59. Wayside Market 55575 Main Rd Southold
Oh, and it's "Two All Beef Patty's, Special Sauce, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickels, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun. No mention of Salt.... But it's there so you order that Coke!